Back to School Inspo
Having a good place for your kids to do homework is so important for their success in school. We think this setup is so good. There is a whole lot of space and a whole lot of storage. It is also super attractive because of all the natural light coming through the windows that prompts productivity. This nook can easily be reproduced somewhere in your home with a little bit of organization and the proper furniture.
We love this kids desk from Newport Cottages and lucky for you we can order this for you! Trust us, the Beverly Writing Desk is perfect for your little genius. We love Newport Cottages pieces because they are made out of real wood and come in a million different colors, actually 34 different colors, but still. You can also completely customize any of their pieces from the main color of the wood to the accent wood, even the handles come in silver, brass or gold. Getting homework done is hard, we know, but with this desk there is plenty of space to spread out and two big drawers for storage. The thing we love most about this desk, other than how pretty it is, is that because it is real wood, if you pick a color for your little one but then decide you want to use it somewhere else in the house, you can get it repainted. Come in to the store to see the matching dresser and let us order you the desk!
Back to School Style
We are DYING over this Pink Chicken dress. This Songbird dress is the most perfect outfit for your little gal as she bounces back into school. We have this piece and so many others in the store that would turn heads even in preschool since this size ranges from 6/12 months to 5 years. It is a flowey dress, so perfect for the Texas heat but also can be paired with leggings and boots for the fall! If this could fit us, we would wear it as much as possible too.
Tips for Moms with New Students
We know that sending your baby away for their first day of school is hard, especially when it is the first first day. We want you to feel as prepared as possible so we threw together a few pro tips that hopefully can help you out!
1. Get familiar with the teachers and faculty. Teacher gifts are always a cute surprise to show your appreciation of them taking care of your child. A few ideas could be bath bombs, gift cards, and a really good one is books. Teachers are always wanting new books for their personal classroom library.
2. Make sure you pack them a healthy and yummy lunch! Remember when you were little and the cool thing to do was the trade things from your lunch box? Make a lunch that everyone is going to want. A blogger who has some really good inspiration for this is The Defined Dish. Also, don't forget the cute love notes.
3. Make sure to know how to drop off and pick up your child the easiest way possible. We know it takes a little while to get a hang of, but eventually you'll be a pro.
4. Have a place for them to come home to where they can rest before they have to do their homework. Also, a snack when they get home is always a request so make sure the fridge is stocked with something ready to go.
5. Last but not least, do not forget the first day picture! This is a big part of their life and yours, so make sure to remember it forever. You can put this picture in a scrapbook that they can look back on when they are little. Sometimes this can even be added to a time capsule that can be opened the day they graduate high school and college. There are so many cute things that can be done with a first day of school picture.
best of luck to our new PTA moms! ;)
tune in for next months favorites!
xx, BBD babes